Friday 1 March 2013

Day 3: The Blitz

This morning Ivan and Nick arrived at 8am and within minutes they were at work demolishing the ceiling of my bedroom. Ten minutes later and the ceiling was on the floor. We don't yet have a skip outside, (my fault as it takes 5 days to apply for a skip licence), and so there's nowhere to put the rubbish until it arrives. The guys will bag up as much as they can as they go, but once it comes on Tuesday, everything will go off site.

Start of Day 3

The same view ten minutes later. Ivan surveying his handiwork!

Now where's that vacuum cleaner
I left them around midday as I had to go to work and came home well after dark. As I pushed open the door to my flat, nothing prepared me for what greeted me. I couldn't help laughing out loud as I walked into what looked like a scene from the blitz. All my ceilings and most of the upper walls were now lying on the floor. Everyone had told me it would be messy but I really wasn't expecting it to be THAT messy! It is very exciting though... it's all happening so fast, I can't wait to see what happens next.
It has to look worse before it looks better

No comments:

Post a Comment