Saturday 9 March 2013

Day 10: More steels in place



The loft steels in place
Today being a Saturday was a half day. I went up to London with my mother to show her the progress so far. She hadn't seen any of the work and was impressed with the plans and progress so far. I was only going up today to measure up for the bathroom window as Ivan wants to start building up the outside wall of my bedroom and bathroom for the last two steels to form the flat roof for the terrace. Five of the steels are now in place, two each in the roof and floor of the loft with one post between them, and one to support the removed chimney breast. It's useful to see the headroom that I'll have in the loft. Once the floorboards, insulation and roof boards are in place, the ceiling will be at 2170mm which is plenty.

Nick laying bricks on the built-up party wall

No comments:

Post a Comment