Thursday 21 March 2013

Day 20 - Planning Loft Bathroom Layout

The roof terrace is the space beyond the red steel beam (loft bedroom beyond)
Another job for me in London today so I dropped into the flat to check on progress. The timber joists are now all in place above my bedroom and I was able to walk around on what will be the terrace (taking care not to fall between the beams). Nasco and I measured up for the steel staircase that will lead up to the terrace. That will start to be made next week. We also measured up space for the loft bathroom. This will be quite a compact space, although we can always make it a bit larger at the expense of making the loft bedroom a bit smaller. I need to spend a bit more time thinking of shower sizes and on which wall I want to place the loo and basin. Finally we discussed the different options for how to cover the flat roof. GRP or roof felt? I'm tending towards GRP as the lifespan sounds a LOT longer than roof felt, but will do some more research.

My bedroom almost has a roof

Kitchen stud wall is now out

No comments:

Post a Comment