Friday 8 March 2013

Day 9: Rain and Steels Drilling

A lot of rain today but the tin roof meant that work could continue unhindered. I wasn't on site today but Tom was there to check on things. Further problems with the steels meant that some of the beams did not arrive pre-drilled as requested. I had tried a new steel company to try to cut the costs a bit from the one that Tom/Ivan normally use. I got a price that was several hundred pounds cheaper but with the extra I had to pay to crane them up yesterday and hiring a special drill and buying a drill bit today, the price difference was pretty much wiped out! I doubt I'll have much luck getting any money back from the steel company but will try. The beams in the loft were placed today, some more brickwork was laid and also another skip was filled with rubbish. Below is a photo Tom sent from site.
 
Fitting the post and horizontal loft steels

No comments:

Post a Comment