Monday 25 March 2013

Day 23 - More Plaster Removal

Nick taking out the cornice
I had to go up to London today to get the guys some more parking permits. I can't believe they've worked a month already. They have taken out all the radiators because all of them need to be replaced. My new boiler will come with an unvented cylinder which works off mains water pressure so the old heating pipes will all need to be replaced along with the ancient radiators which are probably all full of sludge anyway. I found the guys hard at work stripping some plaster off the walls in the sitting room as well as the cornice round the top of the wall. The ceiling is all lath and plaster, and we're going to plasterboard over the top of it rather than rip it all out. It means losing a few inches of height but the ceiling is already very high so it won't be noticeable. If we didn't take out the cornice I'd lose even more height. I'll replace the cornice with something similar once the new ceiling is in. I'm in London tomorrow morning for a short job so will drop in after that to see how things are. I think the plan is to start laying insulation in the roof.
This plaster needed to come off as well


No comments:

Post a Comment