Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 7: No site visit

I'm wondering what's been going on today on site as I stayed in Hampshire for the day and Tom was working from home. I had another skip delivered and yesterdays one will have been taken away. Ivan will have continued building up the party wall ready for the steels which arrive tomorrow.

I spent the morning calling the steel company to check that the steels had been made as required. Ivan asked me yesterday to get them to predrill one of the beams so that the rafters can be screwed into them. I also was trying to sort out the Building Control requirements. I submitted the form at the start of the week and today made a payment. I'm still five weeks late in applying but hopefully we can arrange a site visit soon by the Building Control officer to oversee the steels being put in. Finally I was deciding on where to put downlights and electric sockets in all the rooms.

I'll be up in London tomorrow so will drop in with my camera and check on progress. I'll leave you with one of Tom's photos of Ivan, the hardest worker I have ever known.

The headgear required by every patriotic Bulgarian in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment