Thursday 28 March 2013

Day 26 - Insulating the flat roof

Warm roof insulation being laid
I was in London today for a meeting and dropped in to the site in the afternoon. I really don't know how the guys cope in the cold, it really has been freezing the past couple of weeks. The insulation was being put down above my bedroom (under the terrace area) and then covered with boards. It was fantastic to be able to walk around on what will be the terrace. Although planning permission only allowed me to use half the flat area for the terrace, I could see that it will be a really useable size.
All the plaster has been chiseled off. A huge job well worth doing.
Yesterday they stripped all of the plaster from the walls of the living room. It adds to the cost but while I'm doing all the other work it would be a shame to compromise on the walls. I really feel for the neighbours as the guys had to use pneumatic chisels to get it off - very noisy and very dirty. The old plaster has mostly filled the last skip which will be collected on Saturday.
The loft bedroom with the door to the stairs on the right and the bathroom door on the left
In the loft bedroom they have put the doorway to the bathroom in the right place and it almost looks like a room. OK a very cold draughty room, but I was able to measure out where the bed would go and see how much space there will be around it. I drew a map of where I wanted all the power sockets and Ivan will make a start on that next week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the posts. This valuable information we should adopt eco friendly construction ideas to prevent our environment.
    Elastomeric Roof Coatings

    ReplyDelete