Thursday 28 February 2013

Day 2: All tiles off

I was at work all day and came back home after 9pm. Although it was dark I couldn't resist a quick climb onto the scaffold. After the front loft space was cleared yesterday, today the guys had cleared all the tiles off the rear roof and laid some boards over the joists. The steels will lie on top with insulation followed by more boards to make a good solid floor. The flat is well and truly opened up and I'm glad I opted for the tin roof as it's pouring with rain.

I have moved back in with my mother while the work is done as all the rooms have been emptied ready for internal work but I wanted to squeeze in one more night in the old flat while I still can. I left the sofa bed in place so tonight I'll be camping in my living room.


The start of Day 3 - boarded and opened up

All the original lath and plaster won't be here long

No comments:

Post a Comment