Monday 29 April 2013

Day 50 - Plastering etc

Plasterers at work in my bedroom. (Obligatory builders bum on show)
Lots of plastering going on today - some in the loft bedroom but my bedroom was completely plastered by the end of the day and looks great. I spent the day measuring for and choosing bath, shower, basins etc as well as looking at tiles. The loft bathroom is an awkward space, half with restricted height and quite narrow so it's a challenge to fit in a shower that won't feel cramped. I'm compromising on the size of the basin to allow a large enough shower to fit in.
Exterior drain. The remaining space will be tiled
Elsewhere the pipes for the radiators are in place, a tap is fitted on the terrace to water my plants, and the drain at the foot of the exterior steel staircase is in place. Nasco changed his original choice for a more sturdy round drain which looks very solid and stood up to an hour of the hosepipe running through it without any leaks! I've got to finalise tile/bathroom/wood floor and bathroom radiator choices this week so lots to fit in around work.
Loft bedroom part plastered

No comments:

Post a Comment