Wednesday 17 April 2013

Day 40 - Fast Progress

The new plasterboarded stud wall
I was unable to go up to London today but Tom was there most of the day and sent a few photos. Work is really progressing fast now. I'm amazed how quickly the plasterboards go up. Tom sent me a picture at 9am showing the stud wall separating the kitchen from the passageway and by the afternoon there was a neat new wall.
The finishing gel coat on the terrace flat roof
The terrace flat roof has been coated with a gel coat on top of the fibreglass base and looks incredible. The decking will sit on top of a tapered wooden frame (so that although the GRP surface has a slight pitch, the deck will be level). Rain will pass through the decking and drain off the roof through the channels cut in the timber balustrade base. I'm in London tomorrow for a job and can't wait to see it all for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment