Thursday 16 May 2013

Day 63 - Scaffolding Down

View from the terrace towards the City
The scaffolders came today and by the time I got to the flat after running all sorts of errands all over London, it was 2:30pm and the scaffolding was completely dismantled from the front of the building, leaving just a few sections at the back to be carried through the downstairs flat tomorrow. The sense of space on the balcony was immense and the views were stunning.

The plaster is drying in my new study
Nasco was preparing the plumbing for the bath and Alex was still doing battle with the spaghetti network of wiring for all my LED downlights, most of which are now connected. The plasterers also finished today - I am astonished how hard they work, not even stopping for lunch. Normally Nasco's crew always take a short time out for a sit down lunch, but the plasterers don't stop until they are done. Finally I discussed tiling and bathroom details with Nasco. After putting the loo in place we decided that the basin I've ordered is too large so I called to change the order.
Nasco trying out the loo for size. Do you like my 'rustic' floorboards?!

No comments:

Post a Comment