Wednesday 15 May 2013

Day 62 - Cornicing & Exterior Door


Hardwood door
Check out my new door that leads out to the steps up to the terrace. I had imagined a nice cheap PVC door but Nasco wouldn't let me do that! Instead he has had a solid mahogany door made. I wasn't in London today but he sent me a photo of it. I love it! Oh dear, I'm in danger of becoming a door bore!

Sample of the cornice I'm having made for the sitting room
I forgot to say that on Monday I went to a couple of plaster moulding shops to buy some cornicing and a ceiling rose to replace what we took out in the sitting room. It won't be exactly the same, but without a cornice the room would look as though it was missing something. I should have organised it a while ago as it will take a while to make and fit. Hopefully it won't hold up other work.

No comments:

Post a Comment