Wednesday 5 June 2013

Day 78 - Skirting, Door Architraves, Painting

Wood flooring and skirting in the loft
I've been staying the past two nights at the flat despite it still being very much a building site. I've been washing myself on the roof terrace under the hosepipe, (as that is the only running water I have), and very much hope that the neighbours haven't been watching as the balustrade isn't yet up!

Architrave round the door frame and painted bathroom
Progress since the last update is that the bathrooms have been painted and the tiling/grouting finished. The wood floors are now fully laid in the kitchen/living room and the loft bedroom. Today they put in lots of the skirting and architraves round the door frames. The glass balustrade goes up this Friday. Even though it looks like a building site, the main things left to do are the boiler/radiators (all the pipework is in place), kitchen installation, painting and carpeting. There will be a delay for the delivery of the bathroom basin as I ordered one that is too large and the smaller one isn't in stock. I also need to order tiles and basin for the downstairs loo but they will come very quickly (I hope!).

No comments:

Post a Comment